22 Credit Resolutions for 2022
Written on Jan 06,2022 by Joe Mahlow
- Make a plan to start repaying student loans.
- Set up automatic bill payments.
- Pay down balances on your credit cards.
- Handle any collections debts.
- Look into getting a secured credit card.
- Get a credit-builder loan (if you need a loan).
- Dispute credit report inaccuracies (ASAP Credit Repair can help with this one).
- Become a *trustworthy* authorized user on an account.
- Keep old accounts open.
- Apply for loans within a short time frame.
- Pay off credit card balances every month.
- Limit new lines of credit.
- Track your credit score.
- Avoid fraud by taking extra pains to protect your data (i.e., password manager, not using public Wi-Fi).
- Mix up your credit mix (responsibly).
- Make a budget. Make a budget. Make a budget.
- Do some extra research to avoid scams.
- Work with a credit counseling and/or credit repair company (like ASAP Credit Repair).
- If you need a loan, get one with a cosigner.
- Add rent payments to your credit report.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Have patience. This one is the most important. Credit repair takes time but, if you stick with it, you’ll have the credit score you’ve always wanted.